Therapy

Therapy...the word can scare some people but truth is we all need some type of therapy from time to time. This journey that I'm on with my business can get the best of me some days. Add the stress of kids home for summer break, a messy house, deadlines and an upcoming holiday, I'm pretty sure it would break some people. Don't get me wrong, I love this. I love the deadlines, I love my customers and I love the sometimes chaos that is my life and wouldn't trade any of it for the world. So the other day I found myself staring at this.


My half empty cup of coffee from that morning, used rags, empty paint bottles, a bunch of stuff. A little voice told me that if I sat down here I would go crazy and for once I listened. Cue the therapy...



But it gets better...



Me, my camo chair, the $40 dresser, paint and a bike using the back of the dresser as a parking spot hanging out in the hot garage with Pandora blasting from my iPod. Yes, I do live in Texas and yes it was HOT, but at that time it reminded me that I love what I do. Yes I was surrounded by junk still, but it was new junk. Finally getting that dresser painted in the middle of the chaos of orders was all the therapy I needed. That and knowing that my singing at the top of my lungs was probably causing people walking past to walk a little faster just so they didn't have to witness what was going on behind that door if it opened!

So my question to you is, what's your therapy??

No comments:

Post a Comment